Monday, September 23, 2013

Altered Book

I had a problem with this assignment since I am artistically challenged but I thought for awhile on what I could do.  Eventually I came to the conclusion instead of altering the book I would use the information that I disliked and create something with it.  The subject of the textbook which I am using is math, and the subject of math I hate with a passion is geometry.  Usually I like math but there's something about geometry that I just don't get.  I started doodling with shapes and I realized that if I put some triangles in a certain way I would get more triangles as a product (its kind of hard to explain).  I thought this may be some kind of pattern so I did some research and I found this pattern called Sierpinski's triangle where he used a function to create an awesome looking triangle within triangles.  Mine looked somewhat similar when I noticed all I had to do was take out some of the triangles I had in my pattern to look like his which I did.  Below is the final product.  I know it doesn't look perfect but in order for it to work they have to be perfect equilateral triangles which they aren't.  I created this in Adobe Illustrator.


No comments:

Post a Comment